Sunday, February 6, 2011

i'm loved....

i'm not sure if everyone knows... i know i haven't said much about this but my grandfather has cancer.  he had surgery last week and now we're just in the waiting to see if everything is ok... it's not that easy when your mind is floating with fear but i have to depend on my faith and hope that all works out for the best.... what else can i do?  i don't wanna dwell upon the fear yet i don't want to block it completly out of my mind because i have to face what might be the case.  still it's an ugly mind set... tomorrow, monday, i'm going to take him to and from the doctors to have his bandages removed... basically this means i'm taking a day off from school and setting in the doctors office tomorrow with my kindle while they clean his bandaids up...

this is such a role reverse for me... it's not the first time i've had to take care of someone else.. it's just the first time that i've had to take care of my grandfather... this is the man that took me to my girl scout father daughter dances... the man who has been everything to me... God has really blessed me.. i'm 33 and i have been given the worlds greatest grandfather... a man who is so kind and loving to me ... who has never judged me for what i've done with my life... the man who just loves me for me... i don't mind being a GP (grampas pet) not one bit... in fact i wear this title with honor... yet this doesn't lessen my fear of what could be.....

No comments:

Post a Comment